Sixth Annual International
December 4 - 6
NEW host, Joli of Actin' Up with Books
for more information or to sign up, click here
Twitter: Holiday #Readathon
This is a midnight to midnight kind of RaT and is a NO PRESSURE,
READ AS MUCH AS YOU WANT
kind of read-a-thon
There will be giveaways, mini-challenges, and a Twitter party. Check out the sign up page for more information. You do not need to participate in the mini-challenges to qualify for bonuses.
To participate, SIGN UP using Mister Linky and READ.
You can use your blog, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter accounts to join.
edit: any reading counts! adjusting titles
~ Books Read ~
- The New Boy by Sean Michael (210 pages, m/m, D/s, photographer/model)
- The Christmas Cat by Elise M. Stone (a sweet 16 page romance story)
- A Cajun Werewolf Christmas by Selena Blake (getting longer ;-) 45 page story/catch up to the series characters, also a good introduction)
- Christmas of White by Devon Rhodes (66 pages of m/m cowboy/vet romance)
- Screw Santa by Joyee Flynn (book 1, 148 pages, HOT m/m BDSM, Elf/detective, magic, and a murder )
- The Christmas Owl by Angela Muse (picture book about kindness, 36 pages)
- Hell's Bells by Joyee Flynn (book 2, 143 pages, HOT m/m BDSM, elf/construction worker, gay bashing, elf/wolf fight, Halloween party)
- The Twelve Cats of Christmas by Kevin Whitlark (picture book, the song lyrics only with cats and five goldfish ;-) 27 pages)
- Stupid Mistletoe by Joyee Flynn (141 pages, elf/Navy Captain, evil witches, fight then a party with werecats, werewolves, elves, and jello wrestling)
- Holy Stockings by Joyee Flynn (143 pages, elf/cowboy, m/m BDSM, father problems & another fight-but not as epic as the fight with witches)
~ Final Results ~10 books = 975 pages
I may have been able to get another book finished but we spent a couple hours at Disneyland. I had my picture taken with Snow White :-)
~ possible Books to Read ~Rest Ye Murdered Gentlemen by Vicki Delany
I'll be Home for Christmas by Lori Wilde ... and other Twilight, Texas books
Snow Way Out by Christine Husom
Heartsong Cottage by Emily March
Christmas on Candy Cane Lane by sheila Roberts
Dashing through the Snow by Debbie Macomber
The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans
Marry Me at Christmas by Susan Mallery
What Happens Under the Mistletoe, anthology
I've got lots of Christmas music to play between books including two new CDs by Straight No Chaser
I'd like to read and review Chance by Emily Moffat before the end of the year
I need to read and review Revenge of the Chili Queens by Kylie Logan a.s.a.p.
~ Joli's Mini-Challenge ~Prize: a $20.00 gift certificate to Amazon, Barnes and Noble or The Book Depository.
To enter: GIVE1. Pledge a penny or two or three (or any amount you want!) per page that you read. Put a minimum number that you will pledge. For example: 100 pages – $1.00. And then donate the amount to your favorite charity.
OR2. ANY type of donation for the holiday season – a can(s) of food, book to a library, Toy for Tots, gently used books or clothes donated to a shelter, school – qualifies. OR volunteer your time at, for example, a soup kitchen or food bank. Just list it. (Feel free to come up with your own ideas!)
Then, 3. Click on comments below and share your pledge/donation. THIS IS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM!
(again, you do not have to participate in this mini-challenge to participate in the readathon)
~ Pledge ~I'm going to donate to the National Multiple Sclerosis Society (home page), I just haven't figured out how to work my pledge. . . . . still working on it but thinking $5 a book . . . yeah, should have gone with pennies a page ;-)
copyright Book Dragon's Lair 2009-2015