The Reporter's Challenge
hosted at Dead Herring and Goodreads
for more information, click here
for more information or to sign up, click here (Goodreads)
This one is all about
Who? What? Where? When? How?Why? because it's fun!
Each category has a list, each level must pick from each category. Level one, chooses one from each category, etc. . .
I'm going for Columnist and hope to read 10 books, two from each category
- Each book can only be used for 1 category (Ex: Agatha Christie’s Mousetrap would fit into 2 categories – strangled, locked room mystery. But you can only place this story in 1 of the categories)
- The bonus round is just an added challenge to kick it up a notch!
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017.
- You don’t have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year.
- Books can be in any format – paper, ebooks, audio…
- Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
~ Books Read ~
1. Slander by Avery Ford (North Carolina)
1. Dying to be Loved by Aimee Nicole Walker (stabbing - with hair styling scissors!)
2. Something to Dye For by Aimee Nicole Walker (gun/shooting)
~ Categories ~
Protagonist is a forensic specialist (forensic accountant, forensic artist, forensic pathologist, forensic dentist, etc)
Protagonist is in the medical profession (doctor, nurse, EMT, hospital staff, etc.)
Protagonist is a dead person (ghost, skeleton, vampire, zombie…anybody who is dead)
Protagonist is a gardener
Protagonist is an innkeeper
A short story from an anthology
Poison in the title
Weather in the title
A Flash Fiction piece (no bigger than 1,000 words)
Time in the title (minute, week, clock, year, hour, etc)
Set in a big city
NOT set on land (cruise ship, boat, airplane, spaceship, etc)
Set on foreign soil (not America or England)
Historical novel (pre 1900)
One book set during a competition (Olympics, ballroom dancing, cooking contest, etc.)
One that centers around a holiday
One set during summer
One where the protagonist has to beat the clock (time is crucial to solving mystery)
One set during a courtroom trial
HOW - Method of Murder
Poison is murder weapon
Gun/shooting is murder weapon
Blunt object is murder weapon
Rope/strangulation is murder weapon
~ Possibilities ~