Spring into Horror
April 20 - 26
hosted at Seasons of Reading, here
Guidelines are here, sign up are here
Twitter hashtag is #SpringHorrorRAT
Just remember...the one main "rule" of Spring Into Horror is that you must read ONE scary book (which can be a thriller, mystery, Gothic novel, or similar for those who are faint of heart). The rest of the week...anything goes!
A Circle of Souls (review) would have been perfect for this. So would my "I" book In Mint Condition: 2013 (review). You've got time to get your copy but I've got to come up with a new book for this. I'll need to check my calendar to see if one of my letters will match up ;-)
edit: all my letters are posted or scheduled so I'm free to pick any book.
~ Possible Books ~You Never Know
Voodoo or Die
Xoe - started
~ Books Read ~my one scary book: *DNF - see below
2. You Melted Me by Kari Gregg
3. Sparkle and Purr by Stormy Glenn
4. When Tony Met Adam by Suzanne Brockmann
5. Velvet Dragon by Sean Michael ~ review
6. Your Daddy Loves You by Tom Choquette (reviewed - 4-29)
7. Two Fangs and a Hoof by Joyee Flynn - Scary parts (not only does he rip the guys arm off, he takes the head off too. The other guys he just rips out their hearts)
8. Stripes and Twin Horns by Joyee Flynn
9. Scales and a Tail by Stormy Glenn
10. Too Smart for Bullies by Deputy Sheriff Robert Kahn and Sharon Chandler ~ review
11. Too Safe for Strangers by Deputy Sheriff Robert Kahn ~ review
12. Fire and Ash by Gabrielle Evans
* Started The Snow and The Darkness by Matthew Warren Wilson. It starts with the "...worst snowstorm the east coast had ever seen." But the flight wasn't cancelled so they were going. Little brother picks them up at the airport and away they go. When there is a six-car pile up at the exit they need, the police recommend stopping for the night. Little brother says no way and keeps going. Then decides to pick up someone who is walking along the road. That's right WALKING IN THE SNOWSTORM.
If they opened the paper tomorrow and read about some guy freezing to death on the side of whatever road they were currently on, Jason knew he would feel awful. He would feel responsible. But he still didn’t like the idea of picking up a random stranger in the middle of the night. But even as that thought came to him he realized how ridiculous it was. It was the product of too many movies and television shows. This was just some guy in need of help.that's what I'm hoping, just some guy in need of help. I'd certainly want someone to pick me up if I was stupid enough to leave my car! Wait, no, I've seen too many movies for that ;-)
Pee break? Are you kidding me? shrug, I guess when you got to go, you got to go. Little brother had brought a girl with him to the airport and she goes wondering way off into the trees, then screams. Someone ripped out her tongue and I stopped reading.
~ Number of pages read: 1,005 ~
~ Number of books read: 12 ~
~ Number of books read: 12 ~
copyright Book Dragon's Lair 2009-2015