52 in 52
Hosted by Robin of My Two Blessings
at Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks.
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2013
- Our book week will begin on Sundays
- Participants may join at any time.
- All books are acceptable except children books.**
- All forms of books are acceptable including e-books, audio books, etc.
- Re-reads are acceptable as long as they are read after January 1, 2013.
- Books may overlap other challenges.
- Create an entry post linking to this blog (link after the 1st).
- Come back and sign up with Mr. Linky in the "I'm participating post" below this post (link after the 1st).
- You don't have a blog to participate. Post your weekly book in the comments section of each weekly post.
- Mr. Linky will be added to the bottom of the weekly post for you to link to reviews of your most current reads.
All the mini challenges are optional. Mix it up anyway you like. The goal is to read 52 books. How you get there is up to you.
**in reference to children books. If it is a child whose reading it and involved in the challenge, then that's okay. If an adult is doing read aloud with kids, the book should be geared for the 9 - 12 age group and above and over 100 pages. If adult reading for own enjoyment, then a good rule of thumb to go by "is there some complexity to the story or is it too simple?" If it's too simple, then doesn't count.
The first year I did this I was all about the numbers. The next year I tried to read a book a week. Vacation interfered with that so I'm going for that again for 2013. Also, all the books I read for the 52 must be 100 pages or longer. No more Sips ;-)
Week #: Title by Author (pages, date)
1. The Missing Monarch by Rachelle McCalla (224, Jan 3) and reviewed
2. Frozen Prospects by Dean Murray (260, Jan 6)
3. (Jan 13)
5. (Jan 27)
6. (Feb 3)
7. (Feb 10)
8. Worth the Weight by Mara Jacobs (284, Feb 17)
9. (Feb 24)
10. When You Dare by Lori Foster (448, Mar 5)
12. (Mar 10)
13. Trace the Fever by Lori Foster (400, Mar 17)
15. (Mar 31)
16. The Wanderer by Robyn Carr (377, Apr 13)
17. (Apr 14)
18. (Apr 21)
19. White Knight and Black Fur by Joyee Flynn (118, Apr 28)
20. (May 5)
21. Loving a Lost Lord by Mary Jo Putney (352, May 16)
22. (May 19)
23. A Sticky Wicket in Bollywood by T.A. Chase and Devon Rhodes (155, May 26)
copyright Book Dragon's Lair 2009-2012